Justice Sathasivam sworn in as the Chief Justice of India
Justice P Sathasivam, 64, is the 40th Chief Justice of India (CJI) and the first from Tamil Nadu.
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday administered the oath of office to Justice P Sathasivam as the Chief Justice of India (CJI).
Justice Sathasivam, 64, is the 40th Chief Justice of India (CJI) and the first from Tamil Nadu. He will remain in office till April 26, 2014. He succeeded CJI Altamas Kabir, whose last day in office was Thursday.
The oath taking ceremony was attended by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other dignitaries at Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration