New James Bond movie is 001 at the box office
Quantum of Solace has shot to the top of the international box office chart.
New York: New James Bond movie Quantum of Solace has shot to the top of the international box office chart, taking $38.6 million (23.8 million pounds) in its opening weekend.
The action thriller, starring Daniel Craig as British super spy James Bond, thrashed the competition in its first few days on release in the British market alone by taking $25.3 million (15.6 million pounds) upon its debut, reports contactmusic.com.
High School Musical 3: Senior Year is in second place with $25.9 million in 32 markets, while animated adventure Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa scooped $17.8 million in a limited number of cinemas to take the third place.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe starring Body of Lies is at number four with takings of $10.8 million, and Brad Pitt starring Burn After Reading rounds out the top five with $6.7 million.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It