New show to explore life of child stars
'Haar Jeet' will delve deep in to the life of star kids, who become a source of income for their parents.
New Delhi: Girls lost under layers of makeup and boys dangling from harness doing dangerous stunts are a common sight on the television nowadays.
And a new show promises to go behind the scenes to tell the story of lost childhood in the world of glamour.
Directed by Hemant Prabhu, 'Haar Jeet' on Imagine TV will delve deep in to the life of star kids, who become a source of income for their parents.
"Children lose their innocence very young these days and all thanks to their parents. Their parents try and fulfill their unfulfilled dream through their children, even at the cost of their child's happiness," Prabhu told PTI.
'Haar Jeet' is a story about two girls, from two different financial background and how the parents impose their dreams on them, crushing their daughters happiness.
Jannat Zubair Rahmani, who last seen in Colors Phulwa will essay the character of Isha, a rich girl and Khushali Hirani will play Mihika, the poor girl.
"The plot is different. I was working on this concept for the past two-three years. The timing was not proper then. Now, the situation has changed. There are so many shows with kids. And now I think is the right time to come out with such a show," said Saurabh Tewari, Head of Programming, Imagine TV.
Tewari also said that parents treat their little ones as 'paycheques' and maintains that this is a universal problem.
"Some parents treat their children as paycheques but it is not just about kids in TV industry. It is about kids all over the world. It is not just restricted to the television industry. It is a universal problem," Tewari added.
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Saamana Office Attacked Over Cartoon Mocking Maratha Protests
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away