New version of Skype for Android launched, optimised for tablets
The update features a redesigned interface, and also allows users to sign in with a Microsoft account.
New Delhi: Skype has announced the new version - version 3.0 - of Skype for Android, which is optimised to scale to tablet's bigger screen. The update features a restyled interface.
"With our redesigned look and feel, Skype looks great no matter what screen size you have - either on a smaller Android phone or the more spacious display of your tablet," said said Derek Snyder, head of Mobile Product Marketing, Skype.
The update also allows users to sign in with a Microsoft account. Besides, the company also claims to have improved the audio quality.
"Skype for Android 3.0 adds support for wideband audio codec, SILK. SILK was designed to capture the richness of human speech," he said, adding, "it copes well with the often varying speeds of Internet connections, ensuring that the audio quality is always the best it can be."
Users can download Skype 3.0 for Android from Google Play. To avail the update, users will need an Android device running v2.1 and up.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Narendra Modi Meets National Blind Cricket Team