New Zealand earthquake: Death toll rises to 65
The New Zealand Prime Minister said that the death toll was expected to rise.
Christchurch: New Zealand's leader says at least 65 people have been killed in the earthquake that hit the city of Christchurch.
Prime Minister John Key told reporters in the stricken city that the death toll was expected to rise further.
A 6.3 magnitude earthquake hit Christchurch around lunchtime on Tuesday, collapsing buildings and sending bricks and other heavy debris toppling into busy city streets.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines