DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Newborn's body found in Oprah Winfrey's school
The South African police have now initiated an investigation and suspect foul play
London: Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey's school for the girls in South Africa is in trouble once again after the body of a newborn baby was found in a bag belonging to a teenage student.
The 17-year-old, identified as the dead baby's mother, handed over the bag containing the infant to hospital staff after she was admitted with excessive bleeding last week.
The authorities believe the girl gave birth at the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in Johannesburg, reports contactmusic.com.
The South African police have now initiated an investigation and have not ruled out foul play in the baby's death.
A spokesman for Winfrey's school has refused to comment on the matter because it involves a minor.
The latest scandal comes four years after the school's former dorm matron was accused of molesting students. Virginia Tiny Makopo was eventually acquitted of the charges.
And in March, 2009, four pupils were expelled and another three suspended for alleged "inappropriate behaviour", which reportedly included "sexual misconduct".
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player