Newly-elected Somali MP shot dead
Al Qaeda-linked outfit al Shabaab had vowed to target members of the new parliament.
Mogadishu: Unidentified gunmen have shot dead a member of the new Somali parliament, Xinhua reported.
According to the state radio, Mustaf Haji Mohamed was murdered as he left a mosque in Mogadishu's Waberi district Saturday.
The assassinated MP was newly elected to the 275-member parliament.
The killers escaped after the attack, for which no one has claimed responsibility.
However, al Qaeda-linked outfit al Shabaab has vowed to target members of the new legislature.
The al Shabaab has been under pressure from Somali government forces and African Union peacekeeping troops at the southern port city of Kismayo, the last major city under its control.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion