DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Newly-elected Somali MP shot dead
Al Qaeda-linked outfit al Shabaab had vowed to target members of the new parliament.
Mogadishu: Unidentified gunmen have shot dead a member of the new Somali parliament, Xinhua reported.
According to the state radio, Mustaf Haji Mohamed was murdered as he left a mosque in Mogadishu's Waberi district Saturday.
The assassinated MP was newly elected to the 275-member parliament.
The killers escaped after the attack, for which no one has claimed responsibility.
However, al Qaeda-linked outfit al Shabaab has vowed to target members of the new legislature.
The al Shabaab has been under pressure from Somali government forces and African Union peacekeeping troops at the southern port city of Kismayo, the last major city under its control.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong