NGO to campaign against use of toy gun by kids
The NGO says the campaign is against the toys as they prompt the little ones to do 'unwanted things' in future.
Imphal: An NGO will soon launch a campaign against the use of toy guns by small children in interior Bishenpur district of Manipur as such toys may prompt the little ones to do 'unwanted things' in future life.
Spokesman of the Association for Rural Development and Women Empowerment' (ARDWE) Marjit Singh told the media the association was trying to contact different NGOs including All Manipur Kanba Ima Lup (Mothers association to save Manipur) to support the campaign in the insurgency-hit region.
He said during the campaign efforts would be made to convince the parents to buy stationary items for the child with the money for toy guns.
Singh said instead of encouraging the children to play with toy guns, parents should ask them to play different games.
He also appealed to the shop owners not to sell toy guns in the district.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It