NHRC issues notice to West Bengal over infant deaths
The media had reported that eight infants died at Malda Medical College Hospital on May 24.
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Thursday sought a report from West Bengal over the death of eight infants at a government hospital in Malda district.
The media had reported that eight infants died at Malda Medical College Hospital on May 24. The same hospital was in news for the death of 36 infants between Jan 9 and 15.
"Notices have been issued to the chief secretary, Government of West Bengal and the district magistrate, Malda, calling for reports in the matter within four weeks," said an official NHRC.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology