NHRC issues notice to West Bengal over infant deaths
The media had reported that eight infants died at Malda Medical College Hospital on May 24.
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Thursday sought a report from West Bengal over the death of eight infants at a government hospital in Malda district.
The media had reported that eight infants died at Malda Medical College Hospital on May 24. The same hospital was in news for the death of 36 infants between Jan 9 and 15.
"Notices have been issued to the chief secretary, Government of West Bengal and the district magistrate, Malda, calling for reports in the matter within four weeks," said an official NHRC.
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Gareth Bale Wants More European Glory after Champions League Win
- Real Madrid Beat Atletico on Penalties to Win Champions League
- Injured Benzema may miss Real Madrid's Champions League tie with PSG
- Barcelona beat Juventus 3-1 to lift fifth Champions League title