DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
NHRC issues notice to West Bengal over infant deaths
The media had reported that eight infants died at Malda Medical College Hospital on May 24.
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Thursday sought a report from West Bengal over the death of eight infants at a government hospital in Malda district.
The media had reported that eight infants died at Malda Medical College Hospital on May 24. The same hospital was in news for the death of 36 infants between Jan 9 and 15.
"Notices have been issued to the chief secretary, Government of West Bengal and the district magistrate, Malda, calling for reports in the matter within four weeks," said an official NHRC.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi