NIA raids SIMI activist's house in Ranchi
NIA sources have told CNN-IBN that the raids are not related to the Mumbai blasts.
Ranchi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Friday conducted raids at the house of SIMI activist Manzar in Ranchi.
Manzar is a trained SIMI activist with suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) links.
Though the Indian Mujahideen is the prime suspect in the Mumbai blasts case, the NIA sources have told CNN-IBN that the raids are not related to the Mumbai blasts.
The raids were conducted on a tip-off from another man arrested in Vadodara a few weeks ago.
The case was handled by the Hyderabad unit of the NIA.
Sources also add that the suspect, Manzar, is allegedly one of the 34 people trained to be a part of the Indian Mujahideen outfit.
Intelligence sources say that Manzar is responsible for carrying out logistical operations like transporting money for the Indian Mujahideen.
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- As It Happened: India Vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI
- The Final Clinton-Trump Debate: Four Key Moments
- Trump Cites India's Growth Rate to Compare it With US Economy
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- CPI (M), CPI Back Vigilance Director Jacob Thomas in Kerala
- Pep Guardiola Denies Trying to Take Messi, Neymar to Manchester City
- Clinton vs Trump: Here's How Symantec Simulated a Cyberattack on US Presidential Election