Hyd blasts: NIA court issues warrant against IM founder
The NIA is now going to seek custody of Obaid, an alleged terrorist lodged in Bangalore jail.
New Delhi: A special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court has issued a non-bailable warrant against Indian Mujahideen founder Riyaz Bhatkal in the Hyderabad twin blasts case. The warrant has also been issued against nine other Indian Mujahideen suspects in connection with the blasts.
Others against whom warrants have been issued include Iqbaal Bhatkal, Mosin Chaudhary, Ariz Khan, Md Khalid, Mirza Shadaab Beg and Yasin Bhatkal.
During the hearing, two alleged IM operatives Syed
Maqbool and Imran Khan were produced before the special NIA court after expiry of their five-day NIA custody and it remanded them to judicial custody till March 13.
The NIA told the court that Maqbool and Imran were taken to Hyderabad and they have revealed some important facts about the blasts, court sources said. According to the sources, the NIA told the judge that the conspiracy behind the Hyderabad blasts was hatched by the IM modules and the agency also moved an application for issuance of production warrant against alleged IM operative Obaid-Ur-Rehman who is currently lodged in a Bangalore jail.
The court allowed the NIA's plea saying "let production warrant of the accused Obaid-Ur-Rehman be issued through Superintendent, Central Jail, Bangalore for March 13."
According to the NIA, the blasts took place in Hyderabad on the alleged instructions of Riyaz Bhatkal.
With additional information from PTI
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming