Nibbled by Rats in Maternity Ward of Govt Hospital, Newborn Dies in Jammu
Jammu: In a shocking incident, a newborn was nibbled by rats in the maternity ward of a government hospital in Kishtwar with parents claiming that the baby died due to rodent bites.
Ghulam Hassan, a resident of the remote Chhatru village of the district, had taken his wife to the hospital where she delivered a baby boy on Thursday, a police officer said on Sunday.
He said the baby was shifted to the maternity ward and when Hassan visited the ward on Saturday, he found the baby dead with rat bites visible on his body.
"There was blood all over the body of the baby and the rats were still nibbling him when Hassan saw this," he said.
Gurjeet Singh, Director of Health Services in Jammu, said that a probe has been launched into the matter.
"I have already ordered an inquiry and the chief medical officer of the district will be conducting the inquiry. However, preliminary inquiry suggest that the baby had already died due to some illness and was nibbled by rats after his death," Singh told PTI.
Singh, however, said that if anybody in the health department is found guilty, strict action would be taken against him.
Recommended For You
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly