DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nicki Minaj feared being famous after 'American Idol'
Minaj will be seen alongside singer Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson when season 12 kicks off on Jan 16.
Los Angeles: Singer Nicki Minaj says she was afraid that joining 'American Idol' as a judge would make her too famous but did it anyways. The 30-year-old singer even discussed the issue with her family and mentors before signing the deal with 'American Idol' bosses.
"(Before joining) I had a lot of talks with people - my family, my best friends, my label, (mentor) Lil Wayne, management and then the producers," hollywoodreporter.com quoted Minaj as saying.
"(There is) a judgmental culture in hip-hop. Sometimes you are afraid of being too famous because it's almost, like, is that even cool? Being that accessible, someone you see on TV every week? I never pictured myself as that type of person. I'm still surprised that I decided to do it," she added.
Minaj will be seen alongside singer Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson when season 12 kicks off in US Jan 16.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000