Nico Hulkenberg to leave Force India for Sauber
Sahara Force India's Nico Hulkenberg will be driving for Sauber in the 2013 Formula One season.
Yeongam (South Korea): Sahara Force India's Nico Hulkenberg will be driving for Sauber in the 2013 Formula One season, BBC reported Sunday.
The report said Mexican Esteban Gutierrez will be Hulkenberg's teammate next year, leaving Kamui Kobayashi without a seat.
Kobayashi's current teammate at Sauber, Sergio Perez, will be shifting to McLaren in 2013.
"Sauber have not yet officially confirmed Hulkenberg but the deal is understood already to be done," said the report.
The report also claimed that former Force India driver Adrian Sutil is in the reckoning to be Hulkenberg's replacement at the Silverstone-based team. Force India parted ways with Sutil last year and elevated Hulkenberg from the role of a reserve.
The report added that Kobayashi, former Toro Rosso driver Sebastien Buemi and Jamie Alguersuari are also in the running for the Force India seat.
Hulkenberg and Paul di Resta form the current line-up for Force India.
When asked about his future, Hulkenberg told IANS: "I really enjoy this team (Force India), I know everybody really well and I enjoy working with the guys. At the moment my focus is simply on 2012 and doing the best job I can."
Hulkenberg battled through the 55-lap race to finish sixth in the Korean Grand Prix here Sunday, pushing him to 12th spot in the drivers' championship with 45 points from 16 rounds. Di Resta is a a place below the German with 44 points.
Force India are in seventh place in the constructors' championship with 89 points, behind Sauber on 116.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion