Nicole Kidman defends her portrayal of Grace Kelly
Nicole Kidman has defended her upcoming portrayal of Grace Kelly after the film was criticised as being "inaccurate.
London: Actress Nicole Kidman has defended her upcoming portrayal of Grace Kelly after the film was criticised as being "inaccurate" by members of the Monaco royal family.
Kidman stars opposite Tim Roth in the biopic 'Grace of Monaco' which is directed by Oliver Dahan. It is scheduled for release in 2014, reported Digital Spy. Kelly married Rainer III, Prince of Monaco in April 1956 and became princess consort of Monaco. Kelly's children have described the film as "pure fiction", emphasising their non-participation in the project.
"I wanted to be respectful of her, her story and her essence so hopefully that will all come through. It's exciting but at first it was daunting. At the same time I had studied her and felt a kind of tenderness towards her," Kidman said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models