Nicole Kidman to replace Vergara in 'Paperboy'?
The film also has Matthew McConaughey, Zac Efron, and Tobey Maguire
Los Angeles: Oscar-winner Nicole Kidman is in talks to replace Sofia Vergara for Lee Daniels Paperboy.
Vergara dropped out of the movie recently. Daniels, best known for his Precious, was all set to begin shooting with Matthew McConaughey, Zac Efron, Tobey Maguire and Sofia Vergara this summer.
But Maguire dropped out of the project last week, causing production delay. Vergara had to leave the movie as the schedule was interfering with her 'Modern Family'.
Producers are now in talks with Nicole Kidman to step into Vergara's shoes. McConaughey and Efron are still in at this point.
The movie centers on a reporter and his brother who investigate the events surrounding a murder in order to exonerate a man on death row.
Kidman will play a woman with a past who writes letters to men on death row. She brings the case to the attention of the reporter, developing a relationship with him.
The Australian actress recently wrapped production on Hemingway and Gellhorn, HBO Films' romance in which she plays war correspondent Martha Gellhorn to Clive Owen's Ernest Hemingway.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology