Nigeria: 55 killed as Boko Haram attacks Borno state
Boko Haram has been a major terrorist group in Nigeria which has killed thousands through suicide attacks, bombings and shootings.
Abuja: At least 55 people, including 13 terrorists of radical Islamic sect Boko Haram, were killed when the latter attacked an army base, a police station and a prison in Nigeria's northern state of Borno, official sources said.
The terrorists, who came with Hilux pick-up trucks, launched the attack in Bama, a commercial town about 187 km away from Maiduguri, on Wednesday, military spokesman Lt Col Sagir Musa told reporters here.
In the incident, 22 policemen, 14 prison guards, two soldiers and four civilians were killed by the heavily-armed terrorists, Musa said. However, 13 of the terrorists were also killed by soldiers as they attempted an attack on 202 Barracks in Bama, the official added.
Boko Haram has been a major terrorist group in Nigeria which has killed thousands through suicide attacks, bombings and shootings. The group wants to install an Islamic caliphate in Nigeria, an oil rich African country with a population of 150 million people equally shared between the two major religions, Islam and Christianity.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18