DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cyclone Nilam live tweets: Power, communication to be hit
The Met Department, which has issued a cyclone warning, says it is expected to hit the coastline on Wednesday afternoon or evening.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh are bracing for Cyclone Nilam that is approaching the coast. The Met Department, which has issued a cyclone warning, says it is expected to hit the coastline on Wednesday afternoon or evening. "Cyclone Nilam will hit the area between Nellore and Nagapattinam by Wednesday evening," IMD Deputy Director MR Ramanan said.
Cyclone Nilam is aiming straight for Nagapattinam and Nellore. Ports are on alert and fishermen have been advised against venturing out to sea. Schools and colleges in Chennai remained closed on Tuesday.
According to the IMD, Kollidam received the highest rainfall on Tuesday at 15 cm. "The northern coastal districts will experience heavy rainfall," the IMD added. "When it (cyclone Nilam) is approaching the coast, the speed could reach up to 90 kmph," the IMD said.
Tweets about ”#nilam from:m_meenakshi86 OR from:singhpreeti08”
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Virat Kohli Rules Instagram During IPL Despite Poor RCB Show
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs