Cyclone Nilam live tweets: Power, communication to be hit
The Met Department, which has issued a cyclone warning, says it is expected to hit the coastline on Wednesday afternoon or evening.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh are bracing for Cyclone Nilam that is approaching the coast. The Met Department, which has issued a cyclone warning, says it is expected to hit the coastline on Wednesday afternoon or evening. "Cyclone Nilam will hit the area between Nellore and Nagapattinam by Wednesday evening," IMD Deputy Director MR Ramanan said.
Cyclone Nilam is aiming straight for Nagapattinam and Nellore. Ports are on alert and fishermen have been advised against venturing out to sea. Schools and colleges in Chennai remained closed on Tuesday.
According to the IMD, Kollidam received the highest rainfall on Tuesday at 15 cm. "The northern coastal districts will experience heavy rainfall," the IMD added. "When it (cyclone Nilam) is approaching the coast, the speed could reach up to 90 kmph," the IMD said.
Tweets about ”#nilam from:m_meenakshi86 OR from:singhpreeti08”
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis