Nimbus gets show-cause from Govt
The Government sent a show cause notice to Nimbus over the telecast of the India, Sri Lanka one-day matches.
New Delhi: After Prasar Bharti served a notice to Nimbus Communications for giving it a delayed feed of a cricket match and defying a government ordinance, the Government also came down heavily on it.
The Government on Wednesday sent a show cause notice to Nimbus over the telecast of the India, Sri Lanka one-day matches.
The government had recently passed an ordinance making it mandatory for Nimbus to give simultaneous live feed to Doordarshan.
Nimbus had challenged the Sports Broadcast Signal Ordinance 2007 in court on the ground that it cannot be applied on the matches played outside India, as it has no jurisdiction to control the signals of the matches played there, but the court had refused to stay the ordinance.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More