Nimbus gets show-cause from Govt
The Government sent a show cause notice to Nimbus over the telecast of the India, Sri Lanka one-day matches.
New Delhi: After Prasar Bharti served a notice to Nimbus Communications for giving it a delayed feed of a cricket match and defying a government ordinance, the Government also came down heavily on it.
The Government on Wednesday sent a show cause notice to Nimbus over the telecast of the India, Sri Lanka one-day matches.
The government had recently passed an ordinance making it mandatory for Nimbus to give simultaneous live feed to Doordarshan.
Nimbus had challenged the Sports Broadcast Signal Ordinance 2007 in court on the ground that it cannot be applied on the matches played outside India, as it has no jurisdiction to control the signals of the matches played there, but the court had refused to stay the ordinance.
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18