DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nimbus gets show-cause from Govt
The Government sent a show cause notice to Nimbus over the telecast of the India, Sri Lanka one-day matches.
New Delhi: After Prasar Bharti served a notice to Nimbus Communications for giving it a delayed feed of a cricket match and defying a government ordinance, the Government also came down heavily on it.
The Government on Wednesday sent a show cause notice to Nimbus over the telecast of the India, Sri Lanka one-day matches.
The government had recently passed an ordinance making it mandatory for Nimbus to give simultaneous live feed to Doordarshan.
Nimbus had challenged the Sports Broadcast Signal Ordinance 2007 in court on the ground that it cannot be applied on the matches played outside India, as it has no jurisdiction to control the signals of the matches played there, but the court had refused to stay the ordinance.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics