Nine BSF Men Injured During Firing Practice in Rajasthan
The incident took place at about 8:30 am when a 51mm mortar fell short of its target at the forces' firing range in Kishangarh.
Representative image (Getty Images)
Jaipur: The incident took place at about 8:30 am when a 51mm mortar fell short of its target at the forces' firing range in Kishangarh.
The nine personnel suffered injuries due to the blast of the ammunition, out of which two are critical, a senior BSF officer said.
The troops were participating in a firing exercise. Officials said one of the critically injured personnel will be air evacuated to a hospital in Jodhpur while others are being treated.
This is the second such incident here this year after four personnel were injured in similar circumstances in March. Few days after this, six men of the paramilitary were injured in similar circumstances during mortar firing exercise at its centre in Jharkhand's Hazaribagh.
The BSF is deployed in Rajasthan as part of its task to guard the India-Pakistan International Border.
Recommended For You
- South Africa vs India: Shardul, Saini Called in as Net Bowlers
- Vodka Diaries Review: The Film Finally Reveals Itself To be a Waste of Time
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More
- My Birthday Song Review: A Thriller That Messes With Your Head
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More