Nine Malayalam films to be screened at IFFK
The government formed three theatre classification committees for Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Kozhikode.
Thiruvananthapuram: National award-winning film 'Adaminte Makan Abu' directed by Salim Ahamed and 'Aadimadhyantham' by Sherrey have been included in the competition section of the 16th International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) beginning here on December 9.
Seven other films have been selected for the 'Malayalam Cinema Today' section. The films are 'Gaddama' by Kamal, 'Shankaranum Mohananum' (T V Chandran), 'Pakarnnattam' (Jayaraj), 'Karmayogi' (V K Prakash), 'Traffic' (Rajesh Pillai), 'Akam' (Shalin Usha Nair) and 'Pranchiyettan and the Saint' (Ranjith).
K B Ganesh Kumar, Minister for Cinema, told PTI that the government would proceed with its decision to realise 'wide release' of films increasing the number of screens across the state, despite stiff opposition from theatre owners in major cities.
The government had formed three theatre classification committees for Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Kozhikode, which would be authorised to grade theatres.
<iframe width="100%" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BqDh_LT_9FY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017: Kalinga Lancers Thrash Dabang Mumbai to Lift Maiden Title
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards