Nine Metro stations near India Gate to remain shut
The decision was taken after protests over the gangrape of a young girl erupted in Raisina Hill.
New Delhi: Nine Metro stations in Central Delhi will remain closed on Monday in the wake of the protests that has continued near India Gate over the gangrape of a paramedic student, the DMRC said on Sunday night.
Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Khan Market, Race Course, Rajiv Chowk and Barakhamba stations will remain closed on Monday.
The closing of stations came following a direction from Delhi Police. "The stations will remain closed till DMRC gets further orders from the Delhi Police. However, interchange will be allowed at Central Secretariat station," a DMRC official said.
The decision was taken after protests over the gangrape of a young girl erupted in Raisina Hill, the seat of power.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology