DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nine Metro stations near India Gate to remain shut
The decision was taken after protests over the gangrape of a young girl erupted in Raisina Hill.
New Delhi: Nine Metro stations in Central Delhi will remain closed on Monday in the wake of the protests that has continued near India Gate over the gangrape of a paramedic student, the DMRC said on Sunday night.
Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Khan Market, Race Course, Rajiv Chowk and Barakhamba stations will remain closed on Monday.
The closing of stations came following a direction from Delhi Police. "The stations will remain closed till DMRC gets further orders from the Delhi Police. However, interchange will be allowed at Central Secretariat station," a DMRC official said.
The decision was taken after protests over the gangrape of a young girl erupted in Raisina Hill, the seat of power.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish