Nine Metro stations near India Gate to remain shut
The decision was taken after protests over the gangrape of a young girl erupted in Raisina Hill.
New Delhi: Nine Metro stations in Central Delhi will remain closed on Monday in the wake of the protests that has continued near India Gate over the gangrape of a paramedic student, the DMRC said on Sunday night.
Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Khan Market, Race Course, Rajiv Chowk and Barakhamba stations will remain closed on Monday.
The closing of stations came following a direction from Delhi Police. "The stations will remain closed till DMRC gets further orders from the Delhi Police. However, interchange will be allowed at Central Secretariat station," a DMRC official said.
The decision was taken after protests over the gangrape of a young girl erupted in Raisina Hill, the seat of power.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
From Our Network
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18