DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nirani rules out forced acquisition
BANGALORE: In what could be a fallout of the farmer agitation in Halligudi, Gadag district, Minister for Industries Murugesh Niran..
BANGALORE: In what could be a fallout of the farmer agitation in Halligudi, Gadag district, Minister for Industries Murugesh Nirani has strictly instructed officials of the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) to not acquire land for the project from farmers by force.
At a meeting convened here today which was attended by higher officials, including Principal Secretary of Department, the minister said that the District incharge Minister C C Patil would meet several farmers tomorrow and convey the government's decision.
Conditional Nod for Acquisition
Hubli: Some farmers have expressed their conditional consent to give up their land to the proposed Posco steel plant at Halligudi of Mundargi taluk by taking out a delegation to the Deputy Commissioner.
They have asked the state government to accept their 13 conditions before aquiring the land.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- May 26, 1999: Ganguly, Dravid Put On a Show at Taunton
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean-Salazar's Revenge Review: This One Doesn't Disappoint