Nirani rules out forced acquisition
BANGALORE: In what could be a fallout of the farmer agitation in Halligudi, Gadag district, Minister for Industries Murugesh Niran..
BANGALORE: In what could be a fallout of the farmer agitation in Halligudi, Gadag district, Minister for Industries Murugesh Nirani has strictly instructed officials of the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) to not acquire land for the project from farmers by force.
At a meeting convened here today which was attended by higher officials, including Principal Secretary of Department, the minister said that the District incharge Minister C C Patil would meet several farmers tomorrow and convey the government's decision.
Conditional Nod for Acquisition
Hubli: Some farmers have expressed their conditional consent to give up their land to the proposed Posco steel plant at Halligudi of Mundargi taluk by taking out a delegation to the Deputy Commissioner.
They have asked the state government to accept their 13 conditions before aquiring the land.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1