2 Air India pilots suspended for allowing an actress inside cockpit
The incident was reported to Air India authorities by a government officer who was travelling on the same flight.
New Delhi: Two Air India pilots have been suspended for allowing Kannada actress Nithya Menon into the cockpit. The incident was reported to Air India authorities by a government officer who was travelling on the same flight.
In violation of the DGCA guidelines, the pilots, Jagan M Reddy and S Kiran, allowed Nithya into the cockpit, on the Bangalore-Hyderabad flight last month. While the actress's manager has denied travelling from Bangalore to Hyderabad in the last three months, reports say she did go for a shoot.
With quite a few such incidents coming to fore in the past months, the regulator is considering imposing harsher penalties on the cockpit crew, the sources said, adding that cockpit entry by a passenger is completely prohibited since the 9/11 terror strike.
In May, the pilot of an Air India flight from Delhi to Bangalore got locked out of the cockpit as the door got jammed, resulting in the co-pilot making an emergency landing in Bhopal. In April, two stewardesses were inside the cockpit for nearly 45 minutes as one of the two pilots had taken a long break.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction