DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
2 Air India pilots suspended for allowing an actress inside cockpit
The incident was reported to Air India authorities by a government officer who was travelling on the same flight.
New Delhi: Two Air India pilots have been suspended for allowing Kannada actress Nithya Menon into the cockpit. The incident was reported to Air India authorities by a government officer who was travelling on the same flight.
In violation of the DGCA guidelines, the pilots, Jagan M Reddy and S Kiran, allowed Nithya into the cockpit, on the Bangalore-Hyderabad flight last month. While the actress's manager has denied travelling from Bangalore to Hyderabad in the last three months, reports say she did go for a shoot.
With quite a few such incidents coming to fore in the past months, the regulator is considering imposing harsher penalties on the cockpit crew, the sources said, adding that cockpit entry by a passenger is completely prohibited since the 9/11 terror strike.
In May, the pilot of an Air India flight from Delhi to Bangalore got locked out of the cockpit as the door got jammed, resulting in the co-pilot making an emergency landing in Bhopal. In April, two stewardesses were inside the cockpit for nearly 45 minutes as one of the two pilots had taken a long break.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes