Nitish Kumar expresses anguish over Delhi minor's rape
Kumar lamented deterioration of morality in the society and suggested stringent punishment to check such incidents.
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday strongly condemned the brutal rape of the five-year-old girl in Delhi but opined against death sentence for the perpetrator of such heinous crime. "The act is barbaric. Such incidents raise serious question on humanity," Kumar told reporters while expressing his anguish over the minor's rape which has sparked outrage across the country.
Asked a debate has again begun in the country for giving death sentence to perpetrator of such horrific crimes, Kumar, who is a senior leader of Janata Dal (United) said "it could not be a solution in one or two incident". He was talking to reporters on the sidelines of 4th foundation day function of Bihar Roads Development Corporation (BRDC) in Patna.
Kumar lamented deterioration of morality in the society and suggested stringent punishment to check such incidents. Manoj Kumar, the accused of the brutal rape case of the girl, has been arrested from his in-laws village Chiknout in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district. Delhi police team which nabbed the 25-year-old youth with the help of Bihar police took him on transit remand to the national capital.
Recommended For You
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years