No change in govt borrowing plan as of now: RBI
The government plans to borrow about Rs 5.69 lakh crore this fiscal out of which it had already borrowed around 65 per cent.
Mumbai: Reserve Bank deputy governor HR Khan on Saturday said there has not been any change in the government borrowing programme for this fiscal as of now.
"As of now, we are going as per the budgeted amount (of borrowing)," Khan told reporters on the sidelines of a conference.
Earlier this week, Deputy Governor Subir Gokarn said, "the central bank has no formal communication about enhanced borrowing so far, so there is no reason for us to change our baseline assumption."
The government plans to borrow about Rs 5.69 lakh crore this fiscal out of which it had already borrowed around 65 per cent during the April-September period.
On FDI in multi-brand retail, Khan said the government's decision is likely to improve the inflation situation on expected better supply, value chain management and use of best practices.
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai's Scorching Chemistry Will Make Your Jaws Drop
- The Break up Song in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Promotes Women Empowerment: Karan Johar
- Police Targeting DMK Cadres Over Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health: Stalin
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess