No change in govt borrowing plan as of now: RBI
The government plans to borrow about Rs 5.69 lakh crore this fiscal out of which it had already borrowed around 65 per cent.
Mumbai: Reserve Bank deputy governor HR Khan on Saturday said there has not been any change in the government borrowing programme for this fiscal as of now.
"As of now, we are going as per the budgeted amount (of borrowing)," Khan told reporters on the sidelines of a conference.
Earlier this week, Deputy Governor Subir Gokarn said, "the central bank has no formal communication about enhanced borrowing so far, so there is no reason for us to change our baseline assumption."
The government plans to borrow about Rs 5.69 lakh crore this fiscal out of which it had already borrowed around 65 per cent during the April-September period.
On FDI in multi-brand retail, Khan said the government's decision is likely to improve the inflation situation on expected better supply, value chain management and use of best practices.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Dabang Mumbai vs Delhi Waveriders, Semi-final
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines