DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
No change in govt borrowing plan as of now: RBI
The government plans to borrow about Rs 5.69 lakh crore this fiscal out of which it had already borrowed around 65 per cent.
Mumbai: Reserve Bank deputy governor HR Khan on Saturday said there has not been any change in the government borrowing programme for this fiscal as of now.
"As of now, we are going as per the budgeted amount (of borrowing)," Khan told reporters on the sidelines of a conference.
Earlier this week, Deputy Governor Subir Gokarn said, "the central bank has no formal communication about enhanced borrowing so far, so there is no reason for us to change our baseline assumption."
The government plans to borrow about Rs 5.69 lakh crore this fiscal out of which it had already borrowed around 65 per cent during the April-September period.
On FDI in multi-brand retail, Khan said the government's decision is likely to improve the inflation situation on expected better supply, value chain management and use of best practices.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere