DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
No Chinese hostage in Karachi attack: Govt
A total of 13 Pakistani army personnel were killed in the terror assault on Sunday.
Beijing: China on Monday denied reports that some its nationals were taken as hostage by militants who attacked the Karachi Naval base on Sunday.
"No Chinese nationals were taken hostage in a terrorist attack on an air force base in Pakistan's southern port city of Karachi late Sunday night," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said in a statement.
Jiang said, as a friendly neighbour of Pakistan, China supports the efforts of Pakistani government and people in maintaining the country's social stability.
A total of 13 Pakistani army personnel including 11 navy officers and two rangers were killed in the terror assault on Sunday night.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia