No crime in Whitney Houston's death: Police
Houston's death sparked a renewed interest in her music and movies, sales of which will benefit her only daughter.
Beverly Hills: Police have closed their investigation into Whitney Houston's death without finding evidence to suggest it was anything other than an accidental drowning, investigators have announced. The Beverly Hills Police Department did not release a detailed report on the case, but Lt Mark Rosen yesterday said the conclusion came after detectives reviewed the complete findings of the coroner's office.
Coroner's officials ruled Houston drowned accidentally at the Beverly Hilton on February 11 and that heart disease and cocaine use contributed to her death.
Houston's death on the eve of the Grammy Awards stunned the world. The singer had been attempting a comeback and had finished work on a remake of the film 'Sparkle.'
Toxicology results showed cocaine in her body, and coroner's officials said the results indicated chronic use. In the bathroom, investigators found a small spoon described by investigators as having a 'crystal-like substance' in it, and
they discovered a white powdery substance in a drawer, a coroner's report released last week showed.
Houston had a history of drug abuse which marred her career, robbing her of her voice and reputation, but family and friends described her as intent on returning to glory in the months before her death.
Her death at age 48 sparked a renewed interest in her music and movies, sales of which will benefit her only daughter, Bobbi Kristina.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18