DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
No delay; Kochi metro on track
The Urban Development Ministry is preparing a draft note on Kochi Metro which will be sent to other ministries concerned.
New Delhi: Kochi Metro is going to be a reality soon. The crucial meeting of the Public Investment Board (PIB), which is expected to give the final nod to the state's 'dream project', will be held this month itself.
After the PIB approval, the project will be put up for Cabinet nod. There were rumours that the PIB meeting will be delayed in the run-up to the Budget.
"The PIB meeting will be held as per schedule. There is no link between Budget preparations and PIB meeting," said an official with the Urban Development Ministry, who is in-charge of the Metro Project.
He said the Ministry is in the process of preparing a draft note on Kochi Metro which will be sent to other ministries concerned.
"Once we get the response from other ministries, the date of PIB will be finalised. We hope that this will not take more than two weeks," the Ministry official said.
Meanwhile, the state govt submitted a revised Detailed Project Report to the Urban Development Ministry. Kochi Metro MD Tom Jose, who submitted the report, said the revised DPR has proposed trains with five coaches. The earlier proposal was for three coaches.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet