No hasty decision on ties with Pakistan, says Antony
Antony said tension had reduced along the LoC after the last round of talks between the two Directors General of Military Operations (DGMOs).
New Delhi: Tensions with Pakistan along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir have reduced, Defence Minister AK Antony said Wednesday but asserted that the government will take a decision on future ties based on "ground situation".
India and Pakistan were at loggerheads after the January 8 incident along Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, in which two Indian soldiers were brutally killed and one of them was beheaded.
Talking to reporters in New Delhi, Antony said tension had reduced along the LoC after the last round of talks between the two Directors General of Military Operations (DGMOs).
Antony said he cannot set a timeline for normalising the atmosphere as it depended on many factors.
He said India had to keep its fingers crossed after the inhuman incident though Pakistan has made some assurances.
"Pakistan has assured India about certain things... have to see how it translates into action," he said.
Antony said infiltration attempts were going on even in extreme winters.
Asked about further course of relations, he said the government will not take hasty decisions.
"(It is) too early to say... (We) have to wait and watch... Have to assess ground situation," Antony said.
The two DGMOs had spoken to each other in the wake of ceasefire violations on the LoC in some sectors in Jammu and Kashmir that led to the death of soldiers from both sides.
India strongly protested the brutal killing of two of its soldiers.
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan