No improvement in Lakshmi Sehgal's condition
Captain Lakshmi Sehgal was admitted in the hospital on Thursday after she suffered a cardiac arrest.
Kanpur: Captain Lakshmi Sehgal, a compatriot of Subhash Chandra Bose, who was admitted to hospital on Thursday following a cardiac arrest, still continued to be in "very critical" condition, family sources said.
"Sehgal's condition is very critical. There has been no significant improvement," Sehgal's daughter Subhashini Ali told reporters in Kanpur on Friday. She has been placed in ICU and is under observation by a team of doctors, Ali added.
Sehgal (97), who was ill for some time, was admitted to hospital on Thursday morning after she suffered a heart attack at her residence in Civil Lines area in Kanpur.
Meanwhile, CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat and CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Brinda Karat have visited the hospital on Thursday evening to enquire about her health conditions.
Captain Lakshmi Sehgal was very active in the independence movement of India and commanded the 'Rani of Jhansi Regiment' of INA, formed by Subhash Chandra Bose.
A doctor by profession, she was working as a medical practitioner and a social worker. She was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 1998.
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President