No improvement in Lakshmi Sehgal's condition
Captain Lakshmi Sehgal was admitted in the hospital on Thursday after she suffered a cardiac arrest.
Kanpur: Captain Lakshmi Sehgal, a compatriot of Subhash Chandra Bose, who was admitted to hospital on Thursday following a cardiac arrest, still continued to be in "very critical" condition, family sources said.
"Sehgal's condition is very critical. There has been no significant improvement," Sehgal's daughter Subhashini Ali told reporters in Kanpur on Friday. She has been placed in ICU and is under observation by a team of doctors, Ali added.
Sehgal (97), who was ill for some time, was admitted to hospital on Thursday morning after she suffered a heart attack at her residence in Civil Lines area in Kanpur.
Meanwhile, CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat and CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Brinda Karat have visited the hospital on Thursday evening to enquire about her health conditions.
Captain Lakshmi Sehgal was very active in the independence movement of India and commanded the 'Rani of Jhansi Regiment' of INA, formed by Subhash Chandra Bose.
A doctor by profession, she was working as a medical practitioner and a social worker. She was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 1998.
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- Happy Birthday! Google is Now an Adult
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China