No intelligence alert about Bangalore blast: Shettar
Shettar said the government had taken all steps required and beefed up the security in sensitive areas across the state.
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said on Thursday there was no specific information or alert "from anybody" about the bomb blast near the BJP office that left 16 persons injured.
Speaking to reporters after visiting the injured persons at government-run K C General Hospital in Bangalore, he maintained that there was no intelligence failure. Shettar said the government had taken all steps required and beefed up the security in sensitive areas across the state.
Reacting to allegations by some Congress leaders that the bomb blast was a handiwork of "saffron" terrorists to gain sympathy for the ruling BJP, Shettar said the opposition should desist from giving a political colour to the incident.
"It will not be in a good taste." "Leaders should not politicise the incident, especially when investigations are on. The perpetrators will be known and would be in public domain soon. Until then, I appeal to them not to give a political colour to the issue," he said.
The state government has decided to give compensation to the injured and those whose houses and properties have been damaged, the Chief Minister said. "The government will bear medical expenses of the injured," he added.
After visiting the blast site last night, Shettar had said he suspected that the perpetrators of terror wanted to spread fear among the people by planting an explosive near the BJP office.
Asked if the explosion was targeted at BJP, Shettar had said he did not want to give a political colour, but going by the incident "I suspect that it was so." 16 people, including 11 policemen, were injured in the Wednesday blast opposite to BJP office, which the government has termed as a "clear act of terror.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- South Korea Stands With India Against Terrorism: Park Geun Hye