No Land Identified, Allotted for Ramayana Museum in Ayodhya, Say Local Officials
File photo of controversial Ayodhya temple site in Uttar Pradesh.
Ayodhya: The Centre has announced setting up a Ramayana museum here and also sanctioned Rs 151 crore, but the land for it has not yet been identified by the Union government nor allotted by the state dispensation.
"We don't have any information regarding this. I am hearing about this (inspection by Union Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma of the land for the proposed museum) since Monday. I cannot say anything on this issue right now," Additional District Magistrate, Faizabad, Vinod Kumar said.
Faizabad District Magistrate Vivek said the district authorities had received no communication from the Centre regarding the land.
"We have no formal communication from the Union government regarding the land. Whenever we will be asked for it, we will look into the matter," District Magistrate Vivek
Sharma, who was here for "inspecting" the site for the proposed museum, said he was hopeful of getting the land on the banks of Saryu river.
Recommended For You
- Karun Nair to be Dropped for Test Series Against Sri Lanka?
- Arjun-Ileana's Hawa Hawa Is a High-Energy Song You'd Want To Dance To
- Maruti Suzuki Sells 1.07 Lakh Units of Alto in First 5 Months of 2017
- Niranjan Shah's Appointment Divides BCCI Panel on Lodha Reforms
- Kareena, Katrina To Malaika: B-Town Celebrities Attend Manish Malhotra's Bash