No liplocks in TV version of 'Jannat 2'
'Jannat' was based on betting in cricket and the sequel is about illegal trading in arms and ammunition.
Mumbai: After 'The Dirty Picture' got pulled away from being aired on television due to its bold content, the makers of 'Jannat 2' have played safe and made certain changes in their upcoming film for the small screen audience.
The Emraan Hashmi starrer, directed by Kunal Deshmukh is a sequel to the 2008-hit film Jannat. The second instalment is up for release on May 4. 'Jannat' was based on betting in cricket and the sequel is about illegal trading in arms and ammunition.
"While shooting for the film, we knew we would get 'A' certificate for 'Jannat 2'. So we knew censor board does not allow particular kind of language and doesn't allow suggestive checks, love making and kissing. So we had to shoot alternate takes and situations for those portions of the film," director Kunal Deshmukh, told PTI in an interview.
"I have been informed as a filmmaker about the guidelines of the Ministry of Broadcast and what we have done to ensure that we have a clean satellite film...we have shot alternate angles and takes for particular scenes and songs. The intimacy stays but there is no frontal lip lock or there is nothing that the censor board would object to. We have also done special dub for satellite where there is a clean version without any bad words," he said.
Kunal feels the Censor Board has fairly evolved with time and that they have genuine reasons for objecting certain content on TV.
"When your film comes on TV during prime time, and once it is out there you don't know who could be watching the film at that time. There may be a five-year-old or a ten-year-old kid and I wouldn't want that kid to be watching the film with obscene language. So I am doing my bit," Kunal said.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18