No Mogambo in 'Mr. India' sequel: Boney Kapoor
Filmmaker Boney Kapoor clarifies that he is planning a sequel to 1987 hit 'Mr India'.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Boney Kapoor clarifies that he is planning a sequel to 1987 hit 'Mr India' and not a remake and added that he would introduce a new villain in the film.
In the original, Amrish Puri played the baddie Mogambo and his performance was one of the high points of the sci-fi comedy.
"Obviously, there won't be a Mogambo unless we are remaking the same film. As of now, we don't have plans of remaking the same film. We are working on a sequel. If there is a sequel, Mogambo won't be there, there would be a new villain," Kapoor said here Monday while unveiling the cover of People magazine featuring his wife and actress Sridevi.
There were reports that Salman Khan will be roped in to play the villain in the sequel.
When asked about the same, Kapoor said: "If I had my way, I would plan every film with Salman Khan. But this is not in my hands, it will be according to the script."
Sridevi had played lead actor Anil Kapoor's love interest "Mr. India" and will star in the sequel as well.
"Well, of course she (Sridevi) will be a part of 'Mr. India 2' for sure. We are yet to finalise a script. Along with Anil, she will be part of it," Kapoor said.
"My journey with her began with 'Mr. India', so obviously the journey has to continue and how can it continue without her, especially when it's 'Mr. India'?" he added.
However, Kapoor, 57, is currently focusing on "No Entry Mein Entry."
"But before I get down to 'Mr. India', we have just finished the script for 'No Entry Mein Entry'," he said and added that first it would be "No Entry Mein Entry" followed by "Mr. India" and various other films.
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Watch the five claims of Sharif at the 71st session of UNGA
- UK Police to Probe Pakistan-Born Actor's Anti-India Rant
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set For High-Stakes Showdown
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Trump Lauds Hindu Community's 'Fantastic' Contributions to US