No one can overtake Salman Khan, says Imran Khan
Ever since Salman's 'Wanted' was released on Eid in 2008, the actor has been releasing his films on Eid.
Mumbai: Actor Imran Khan, who plays a prominent role in 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai 2' - reportedly set for a release on Eid, says no one can overtake Salman Khan's territory of Eid release.
Ever since Salman's 'Wanted' was released on Eid in 2008, it has been almost a tradition for the actor to have a release around that time every year.
When asked if he is looking to overtake the territory of Salman by releasing the film during Eid, Imran says, "Who will overtake Salman Khan? Nobody is super enough to do that."
Last year, Salman's film 'Ek Tha Tiger' hit the theatres during Eid. But this year reportedly with no film of Salman releasing around the festival, two films - 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai 2' and 'Chennai Express' - are likely to be
released that day.
This year, two of Salman's films, 'Mental' (directed by brother Sohail) and 'Kick' (directed by Sajid Nadiadwala) have been announced. Reportedly, both the films are likely to release next year.
'Chennai Express' is romance comedy directed by Rohit Shetty, starring Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone.
Milan Luthria's 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai 2' is a gangster-romantic thriller with Akshay Kumar in the lead role.
Imran, who will also be seen in Karan Johar's home production 'Gori Tere Pyaar Mein' opposite Kareena Kapoor, says the shooting of the film is in progress.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry
- Cyrus Mistry Removed as Chairman, Ratan Tata Takes Interim Charge
- 'Cyrus Mistry Replaced in Long-term Interest of Tata Sons'