No relief in sight for Greater Noida flat buyers
Construction on the residential projects has not resumed even after the Allahabad High Court verdict of October 21 last year.
Greater Noida: Uncertainty continued to loom large over Noida Extension home projects with the NCR Planning Board yet to clear the Greater Noida Master Plan 2021.
"There is no chance of resuming construction of Noida Extension projects in the next four months as it will take at least 3-4 months for getting approval of the Greater Noida Master Plan," NCR Planning Board member secretary Naini Jayaseelam told Noida Extension Flat Owners & Members Association (NEFOMA) on Monday.
Construction on the residential projects has not resumed even after the Allahabad High Court verdict of October 21 last year. The Greater Noida Authority was directed vide this verdict to get the recommendations of the NCR Planning Board implemented into its Master Plan 2021 before allowing construction activities to resume. However, even after three months, the Master Plan is yet to be cleared.
Home buyers are braving double blows as they have not only exhausted their savings but are also reeling under the rising rates of interest on housing loans.
NEFOMA today met Jayaseelam in Delhi and requested for early approval of the Greater Noida master plan, NEFOMA president Abhisek Kumar said.
"Jayaseelam said the UP government is delaying resumption of the project. She said the Master Plan will be tabled in the planning committee and if approved, it will be tabled in the Board meeting. The construction work will be resumed only after the the plan gets nod of the board," Kumar said.
"Although Jayaseelam did not give any deadline for approval of the Master Plan, she said it will be done within 3-4 months," he said.
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry