DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
No screening of Husain's film at IFFI
Mohan said the Hindu Janajagruti Samiti had told them that a case regarding the documentary was pending in court.
Panaji: Bowing to pressure from rightwing Hindu groups, organisers of the 42nd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) deferred the screening of legendary artist M.F. Husain's documentary.
Speaking to reporters Sunday, IFFI director Shankar Mohan said the screening of 'Through the Eyes of a Painter' was a homage by the film fraternity to the late artist.
Mohan said the Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) had told them that a case regarding the documentary was pending in court. "We do not want to do anything illegal, so we are taking a legal opinion," he said.
The documentary had won the Golden Bear prize at the Berlin film festival.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017