No screening of Husain's film at IFFI
Mohan said the Hindu Janajagruti Samiti had told them that a case regarding the documentary was pending in court.
Panaji: Bowing to pressure from rightwing Hindu groups, organisers of the 42nd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) deferred the screening of legendary artist M.F. Husain's documentary.
Speaking to reporters Sunday, IFFI director Shankar Mohan said the screening of 'Through the Eyes of a Painter' was a homage by the film fraternity to the late artist.
Mohan said the Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) had told them that a case regarding the documentary was pending in court. "We do not want to do anything illegal, so we are taking a legal opinion," he said.
The documentary had won the Golden Bear prize at the Berlin film festival.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology