No seperate state Buddhadeb told GJM
Buddhadeb said concentrate on all round development of Darjeeling, its the only solution.
Siliguri: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Sunday firmly told the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha that its demand for a separate state would never be conceded and asked it to instead concentrate on development of the region.
"Stop your movement for a Gorkhaland. It will never be fulfilled. Concentrate on all round development of Darjeeling as it is the only solution to the issue," Bhattacharjee said while inaugurating a biscuit factory at Lichupokhri in Siliguri.
He also ruled out the GJM's demand for inclusion of Terai, Dooars and Siliguri in a proposed interim council, the chief minister said.
He said restoration of peace was essential to bring about development in Darjeeling.
Earlier, Bhattacharjee inaugurated an IT park, third of its kind in the state after Kolkata and Durgapur, at Paribahan Nagar, Matigara, on the outskirts of this commercial hub.
The chief minister also handed over keys to five companies, which had been allotted space in the IT park.
Recommended For You
- Ajinkya Rahane Just Walked Out & Said I Will Dominate: KL Rahul
- National Flag Protest: Oppo India Acknowledges 'Incident', Deeply Regrets it
- Virat Kohli Says He is No Longer Friends With Australian Cricketers
- Spider Man Home Coming Trailer Has a Lot of Iron Man in It
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?