No Sequel for Kannada film 'Dandupalya'
The film received brickbats from the critics and it remained in the news for all the wrong reasons.
The event on the completion of successful 50 days,'Dandupalya', under the banner of Apple Blossom by Prashanth and Girish has been cancelled due to protests.
'Dandupalya' received brickbats from the start of the film and at various stages it made news for wrong reasons. The film poster, where Pooja Gandhi back was shown also called for protest. Now even after success of the film the protests continue. That is mainly because of the recent killings in Bangalore and other places. The culprits pointed towards the film,'Dandupalya'. They admitted that they got inspired to kill the people from the film.
As a result various social organizations condemned the film makers. With such response, the 50 days celebration would lead to complications felt director Srinivasa Raju and has cancelled the event. With the investment of Rs 3 crores on 'Dandupalya', the film had made a gross collection of Rs 7 crores.
On Friday night at the briefing of the film, 'Edegarike', journalist Agni Sridhar attacked a section of media and bureaucracy of Karnataka police for framing innocent 'Dandupalya' people in murder charges. "'Dandupalya' people are not killers. They are thieves but they don't dare enough to kill. I feel perturbed with a Kannada film made on wrong findings. It is very pathetic" feels Agni.
There was an announcement of 'Dandupalya-2' by film team. But after seeing an amid protests for the film, director Srinivasa Raju is against the sequel.
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Nobody Employed Me, Says Gulzar on Screenplay Sabbatical
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?