DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
No sequel to 'Shanghai' for a long time: Dibakar Banerjee
Dibakar Banerjee has rubbished rumours about making a sequel to his last year's release 'Shanghai'.
Mumbai: Director Dibakar Banerjee has rubbished rumours about making a sequel to his last year's release 'Shanghai'.
Dibakar, who is currently busy with another of his project, said he has no plans to do so for a long time.
"Right now I am just writing for my next film and I don't think I have announced the sequel so far and the plans are not to do so for a long time," Dibakar said here Sunday during the celebration of 100 years of Indian cinema at Whistling Woods International.
'Shanghai' featured actors Emraan Hashmi, Kalki Koechlin and Abhay Deol in the lead roles and won positive response from the critics.
The film focused on the corruption in the political system and did fairly well at the box-office.
Dibakar's latest release was 'Bombay Talkies', an ode to 100 years of Indian cinema. The film was a bundle of four stories, out of which one was directed by Dibakar and the remaining three by Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar and Anurag Kashyap, respectively.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh