No Service Charge on Online Train Ticket Bookings Till June 30
The withdrawal of service charge on online booking of train tickets has been extended till June 30.
New Delhi: The withdrawal of service charge on online booking of train tickets has been extended till June 30.
"We have received instructions from Ministry of Information and Technology advising railways to extend the incentives at least till June 30, 2017," said Railway Ministry official.
The government had waived off the service charges after the demonetisation in November last year to encourage digital modes of payment for booking.
As per the government's decision, existing incentives will continue and there will be no change till June 30.
Approximately, an amount of Rs 184 crore has not been realised from passengers on account of service charge and service tax thereon on reserved tickets booked online between November 23, 2016 and February 28, 2017, according to railways data.
Recommended For You
- Kohli & Co to Have Conditioning Camp Before South Africa Tour
- Deepika Padukone's Return of Xander Cage Co-star Ruby Rose Shocked By Padmavati Row
- Bigg Boss 11: Hina Khan to Get Evicted This Week?
- Padmavati Row: Shabana Azmi Urges Film Industry to 'Boycott IFFI as a Protest Against the Threats to Deepika, Bhansali'
- Chef Kunal Kapur Explores India Through Thalis in Latest Food Show