No Service Charge on Online Train Ticket Bookings Till June 30
The withdrawal of service charge on online booking of train tickets has been extended till June 30.
New Delhi: The withdrawal of service charge on online booking of train tickets has been extended till June 30.
"We have received instructions from Ministry of Information and Technology advising railways to extend the incentives at least till June 30, 2017," said Railway Ministry official.
The government had waived off the service charges after the demonetisation in November last year to encourage digital modes of payment for booking.
As per the government's decision, existing incentives will continue and there will be no change till June 30.
Approximately, an amount of Rs 184 crore has not been realised from passengers on account of service charge and service tax thereon on reserved tickets booked online between November 23, 2016 and February 28, 2017, according to railways data.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Named ICC Cricketer of the Year 2017; Also Bags ODI Cricketer Award
- 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift Official Bookings Open for Rs 11,000
- I-League Table-toppers Minerva Punjab Players Approached to Fix Matches
- Virat Kohli Surprised Me by Not Picking Bhuvneshwar and Rahane: Michael Holding
- Suffering from Cold or Flu? Avoid these 5 Foods