No set formula for success in Bollywood: Karan Kundra
Karan Kundra is making his Bollywood debut with Vikram Bhatt's 'Horror Story'.
New Delhi: TV star Karan Kundra is making his Bollywood debut with Vikram Bhatt's 'Horror Story' and the actor says he is happy to have an unconventional film as his launch pad.
Kundra, who rose to fame with romantic soap opera 'Kitani Mohobbat Hai', believes an actor should be judged by his acting prowess and not by the kind of projects he is in.
"It's a myth among people that actors who do romantic films get better share in Bollywood. Somebody has to break that pattern. There is no set rule for success here. My first film is a horror and my next project 'Rum Pum Posshh' is a
psychological thriller. I feel safe to have these films as my launch pad," Karan told PTI in an interview.
'Horror Story', releasing on September 13, revolves around seven youngsters who challenge each other to spend the night at an infamous hotel without knowing that their idea of fun will turn out to be the most dreadful night of their life.
Kundra plays the role of an ambitious musician in the film.
"I play Neil in the movie. He is the most sensible guy in his group. He is a musician and has bagged an opportunity to study music abroad. He and his six friends are celebrating his success and they experience something paranormal. Their lives change after that night," he said.
Directed by Ayush Raina and produced by Bhatt, the film has been shot in an international format with no songs in it.
"I got a call from Vikram Bhatt early this year and when he narrated the script to me I really liked it. Vikram sir is an awesome person. It's a very unconventional horror project with no songs and romance in it. The film has introduced a lot of new talent and will give the audience an edge-of-the-seat
experience," Kundra said.
As Bhatt is known for making sequels to his hit horror movies like 'Raaz' and '1920', the actor said they are planning to have a franchise to this film also.
"I had fun shooting the film with my co-stars and makers. Vikram sir is known for giving Bollywood some of the best horror films. They are planning to have a franchise of 'Horror Story' too," said Kundra, who had signed a three-film deal
The actor, who is also doing a TV show 'Gumraah', has often been linked with his co-stars. He says he has always maintained a cordial relationship with them including his ex-girlfriend Kritika Kamra.
"I and Kritika are still good friends. We are always supportive of each other. We discuss work and give feedbacks," he said.
Kundra is also excited about his third Punjabi film 'Mere Yaar Kaminey', which will hit theatres soon.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Iraqi Forces Prepare to Retake Key Areas in Mosul
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18