No talks on alliance with DMDK for LS polls held: Karunanidhi
<p>DMK chief M Karunanidhi, who had welcomed a prospective alliance with DMDK for the Lok Sabha polls, on Thursday said no talks was held in this regard.</p>
DMK chief M Karunanidhi, who had welcomed a prospective alliance with DMDK for the Lok Sabha polls, on Thursday said no talks was held in this regard.
"No talks had been held; so there is no question of any improvement," he told reporters here when asked if there were any improvement in talks between the two parties.
Karunanidhi's remarks come in the wake of reports in a section of media that DMK was holding alliance discussions with DMDK for the coming Lok Sabha polls.
Recently, the 90 year-old leader had welcomed the idea of the two parties striking an electoral tie-up and had even publicly rapped his Madurai-based son and former Union Minister MK Alagiri for opining against the alliance.
Alagiri's younger brother MK Stalin is favourably disposed towards a DMK-DMDK tie-up.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"