No Valentine's Day celebration for Imran Khan
Actor Imran Khan says he will not be able to spend this Valentine's Day with wife Avantika.
New Delhi: Actor Imran Khan, who is gearing up for the release of 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu', says he will not be able to spend this Valentine's Day with wife Avantika. The 29-year-old married long time girlfriend Avantika last year and said he will start shooting for Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' on February 14.
"I won't be celebrating Valentine's Day with Avantika this year because I will be busy shooting for Vishal's film 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola'," Imran said during the promotion of 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu'.
Directed by debutante Shakun Batra, the romantic film also stars Kareena Kapoor in the lead and will hit screens on February 10.
"The movie is very special to me as I have known Shakun for a very long time... He has been working on the script for long now and I am very proud of this project.
"We always wanted Kareena for the film as we both are huge fan of her. And we both were very excited when she agreed to be a part of the project," Imran said.
The 'Delhi Belly' star also puts reports to rest that the movie is a love story, insisting it is more like a coming of age film.
"The film is not so much of a love story as people have thought it to be.. It is more like a coming of age film. When you are doing a melodramatic scene in the film you can hide behind props but during a conversational scene you have to be
interesting and entertaining... So shooting this film was difficult in that sense," Imran said.
The actor, who recently had a photo exhibition of Kareena's pictures clicked by him, is adamant about having any 'flashy promotion' for his film.
"We didn't want to do any flashy promotions for the film... Promoting a film makes sense only if you are connecting with the audience and are able to generate interest in them. Audience today is very smart if you just concentrate
on promoting the film they loose interest in the story line," Imran added.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- Rahul Gandhi Visits Places of All Faiths in UP
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan