Nod to Insurance Payouts to Kin of Kanpur Rail Accident Victims
The Indore-Patna express derailed near Kanpur Dehat (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) on Wednesday said insurance companies had technically approved payouts to kin of five passengers of the Indore-Rajendra Nagar Express, who opted for optional travel insurance scheme while booking e-tickets.
A total of 209 passengers had opted for travel insurance while bookings tickets for the train that derailed near Pukhrayan in Kanpur on November 20.
The corporation said efforts were on for speedy settlement of remaining cases.
"For the seven injury and hospitalisation cases, insurance companies are getting in touch with passengers and their families; a few of these cases are for cashless hospitalisations or through TPA (Third Party Administrator). The number of cases involving minor injuries is eight," the IRCTC statement said.
Recommended For You
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- It's Showtime!Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Trailer is Here and Baby Groot Owns It
- Legal TroubleBigg Boss 10: Omji Maharaj Out of the House, To Appear Before Delhi Court
- Snapped!Virat-Anushka Are All Smiles As They Head Back From Yuvraj-Hazel Wedding
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet