Noida: Class 12 student commits suicide
A Class XI student of a school in Noida allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in his hostel room.
Noida: A Class XI student of a school in Noida allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in his hostel room on Thursday, police said. According to Circle Officer Alok Priyadarshi, the 17-year-old student, a resident of Kanshiram Nagar district, returned to the college on Thursday morning after a 12-day holiday.
Priyadarshi said that after dropping the student in the school, his elder brother returned back home. "Around 2 pm, when other students returned back to the hostel, they found the door of his hostel room locked from inside," the police officer said.
"Through the window, the students spotted his body hanging from the ceiling fan," Priyadarshi said. No suicide note had been recovered from the room, he said, adding that the parents were yet to register a case.
According to school principal Rajinder Kumar, "The boy failed in Class XI, but his parents told him to continue in the school and repeat the class." He had to report on October 30 but he came two days late, Kumar said.
The principal further said, "In August last year, he had fled from the college, following which he was suspended for 10 days." During routine checking, cigarette and tobacco products were recovered from his possession, Kumar said.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Hindu Group Demands Cancellation of Concerts by Atif Aslam, Shafqat Amanat Ali
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension