Noida alleged rape case: Police arrest 2 suspects
The police also suspended five constables for failing to register a missing complaint initially.
Noida: The Noida police on Sunday arrested two suspects in connection with the Noida alleged rape-murder case. One suspect is said to be absconding, however. Meanwhile, earlier, the police suspended five constables for dereliction of duty after the girl's family complained that they refused to register a missing complaint when they approached them. The victim was cremated today.
Her body was found in Noida, Sector 63, in a semi-nude state on Saturday morning. According to the police, the girl appeared to have been strangulated.
Shocked over the incident, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announced a compensation of Rs 15 lakh and a job to the victim's family. Her family claimed that the police filed FIR in the case only after they had protested.
The girl's father also alleged that the police moved the body of the girl without conducting the post-mortem. "The body was lifted without conducting the post-mortem. Her brother identified her, even then the police didn't conduct the post-mortem," he said.
The police said that the preliminary report showed injury marks around her neck and asphyxiation as the cause of the death of the girl. The vagina and viscera samples of the victim have also been sent for supplementary forensic tests by the police. The case has been filed by the Noida police under sections 302 (murder), 376 (rape) and 201 (destruction of evidence).
The deceased, a 23-year-old BPO employee had reportedly gone missing on Friday night. The family also claimed that she was sexually assaulted.
With additional information from PTI
- Pakistan Target Twenty20 Whitewash Over West Indies
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Petition to Declare Pak a Sponsor of Terrorism Crosses 1 Lakh Signatures
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- I Have Experience, Says Hillary Clinton on Trump's 'Presidential Look' Jibe at Her
- Hillary Vs Trump: US Dollar Declines Before Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate Live: I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- US Presidential Candidates Neck and Neck as They Go Toe-To-Toe