Noida rape case: Police suspend 5 constables
The constables were suspended for failing to register a missing complaint when the victim's family approached them.
Noida: The Noida police on Sunday suspended five constables for dereliction of duty in the rape and murder of a 21-year-old girl. The constables were suspended for failing to register a missing complaint when the victim's family approached them for help. The girl's body was later found in Noida, Sector 63. She was in a semi-nude state and appeared to have been strangulated.
The victim's family had claimed that the police filed FIR in the case only after they had protested. The victim's father claimed that the police moved the body of the girl without conducting the post-mortem. "The body was lifted without conducting the post-mortem. Her brother identified her, even then the police didn't conduct the post-mortem," he said.
The police said that the preliminary report showed injury marks around her neck and asphyxiation as the cause of the death of the girl. The vagina and viscera samples of the victim have also been sent for supplementary forensic tests by the police. The case has been filed by the Noida police under sections 302 (murder), 376 (rape) and 201 (destruction of evidence).
The deceased, a 23-year-old BPO employee had reportedly gone missing on Friday night. The family also claimed that she was sexually assaulted.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show