Noida trade union violence: Sequence of events
The protestors set at least eight cars on fire and over two dozen cars were vandalised.
There were reports of violence in Noida Phase-II during the trade unions' strike on Wednesday. Over 1,000 trade union workers protested and vandalised cars, setting vehicles on fire. The protestors even set fire to a fire engine. Following is the sequence of events in the area:
- Alleged CITU workers at the hosiery complex in Noida Phase-II staged protests at 11 am on Wednesday.
- The protestors took to streets and attacked a bus at around 11:30 am.
- Thereafter, they attacked every car that came in the way. There was no police presence in the area.
- The protestors set at least eight cars on fire and over two dozen cars were vandalised.
- The protestors also vandalised over 100 offices and indulged in scuffles with any worker who came in their way.
- The protestors then set fire to a bus and a fire engine. They also vandalised four police vans.
- Over dozen people were injured in the incident and have been admitted to the hospital. Six policemen were also injured.
- Police forces were also called in from Ghaziabad.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day